Q: So, you’re ready to install a solar system on your property.
In most instances, this is a great idea but it may not be in your current living situation.
If you answer YES to the following questions, then solar is most likely right for you.
- You own your home
- You plan on being in the home for at least the next 3 years
- You have room on your roof for at least 5 solar panels
- You roof gets sufficient sunlight during a good portion of the day
If you answered YES to all of the questions above, you can move to the next set of questions that you’ll need to answer.
- What size system should I choose?
- What’s the out-of-pocket price of the system?
- How much will the Government contribute to the cost of my system?
- What’s the feed-in tariff in my state?
- Given the feed-in tariff in my state, what’s the best time of day to use my power?
- How long will my system take to pay for itself?
- What’s the return on my initial investment?
- What factors will affect the performance of my system?
- How do I know if an installer’s credible or not?
- How do I choose good quality components at a good price?
We’ll help you answer these and many more questions over the coming pages.